誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者: 沒有註冊會員 和 59 位訪客

[AV] 再試 RealTraps 用作牆角 Bass Trap 低頻陷阱

歡迎各位影音 fans 齊齊吹水

Re: [AV] 再試 RealTraps 用作牆角 Bass Trap 低頻陷阱

文章發表人 Rookie 發表於 2010-01-12, 16:47

Raymond Wan 寫:
henderson 寫: If Raymond decorates his living room, it will be a cinema, just like those expensive Japanese flats in HiVi.

:049: :049: :049:

In fact, I have thought about the decoration of the living room for several years. My boss also suggests me to do it and put aside around HK$300K to do the renovation work.

However, I am worrying about the decoration will change the acoustic conditions of the present status.

Therefore, unless I am sure how to do the decoration to achieve similar or better room acoustic, I do hesitate to give the move to change the present conditions.

:a013: :a013: :a013:

Once I acquire more knowledge on the sound acoustic and room conditions, I will start to think and make the living room "look" better and hopefully also "sound" better.

:003: :003: :003:

If any brother can provide firm and valid designs for home theatre enhancement, I welcome the suggestion and will study seriously so as to enhance the aesthetic conditions of my AV home theatre within the living room.

:sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Ask BeanBean for some consultation. :love_china: :love_china: :love_china:
我不屬於任何顏色羣!
跟暴力說不!
跟破壞說不!
跟仇恨說不!
跟歧視說不!
Rookie
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 49525

註冊時間:
2004-11-30, 21:46

文章發表人 Raymond Wan 發表於 2010-01-12, 17:22

Rookie 寫:
Raymond Wan 寫:
henderson 寫: If Raymond decorates his living room, it will be a cinema, just like those expensive Japanese flats in HiVi.

In fact, I have thought about the decoration of the living room for several years. My boss also suggests me to do it and put aside around HK$300K to do the renovation work.

However, I am worrying about the decoration will change the acoustic conditions of the present status.

Therefore, unless I am sure how to do the decoration to achieve similar or better room acoustic, I do hesitate to give the move to change the present conditions.

:a013: :a013: :a013:

Once I acquire more knowledge on the sound acoustic and room conditions, I will start to think and make the living room "look" better and hopefully also "sound" better.

:003: :003: :003:

If any brother can provide firm and valid designs for home theatre enhancement, I welcome the suggestion and will study seriously so as to enhance the aesthetic conditions of my AV home theatre within the living room.

Ask BeanBean for some consultation. :love_china: :love_china: :love_china:

:lightbulb: :lightbulb: :lightbulb:

I will surely consult Sound Professor Mr. Beanbean if I decide to go ahead for the renovation in the near future.

:great: :great: :great:

In fact, to start the renovation project, I had finished reading all the 5xx pages of the famous "Master Handbook of Acoustics" 2 years ago.

圖檔

Afterwards, I searched for more information and read a lot of relevant papers on acoustic treatment, literature, methods ... ....

The more I read, the more considerations that I need to made to achieve the target goal.

:hypno: :hypno: :coldsweat2: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:
Have 100% Fun on Sharing AV & HiFi Subjects and Knowledge
圖檔
My Subconscious M&K Combos
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔
Welcome to My AV World: Home Theatre
Raymond Wan
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 26231
來自: 中國一幅地

註冊時間:
2004-11-22, 21:08

文章發表人 minime 發表於 2010-01-12, 21:14

Raymond Wan 寫: Again I have studied this information from RealTrap web site already.

The "double-density rigid fiberglass" that make up of the Mondo/Mini/Bare Traps are basically acoustic fibre of various density only. They are not MAGIC things that cannot place one another as you have pointed out. In fact, I have opened up one of the BareTraps and notice the fiberglass material inside.

Please be reminded that I am a Professional Chartered Materials Engineer and have full knowledge on common materials around us in particular the acoustic materials.

Please note Mondo Trap is of thickness 4.25 inches which is more powerful than Mini/Bare Trap of 3.25 inches from the low frequencies absorption point of view. Hence, RealTraps also produces difference thickness products to provide different absorption capability. Therefore, the thicker the trap, the more effective the trap is.

Again, I have tried 1 Mondo Trap, 2 Mondo Trap, 2 Mondo Trap + 2 Mini Traps, 2 Mondo Trap + 2 Mini Trap + 4 Bare Traps at the SAME corner. The results are similar.

If they can show slight improvement, I will have purchased and installed them at my home.

This is the reason I carry out various tests so as to find the possible enhancement. However, I cannot achieve the goal on low frequency absorption or enhancement. But I find the RealTraps can improve the RT60 slightly over DAAD2 so I purchase 4 nos. of Bare Traps for 1st reflection points.

:love_china: :love_china: :love_china:

Up to now, you have not pointed out the CLAIMED arrangement of several RealTraps products placing one behind another ?

:question2: :question2: :question2:

引用來源

> What is the best way to install a minitrap, flat to the wall, or across the corner? <

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For bass trapping, MiniTraps are always best mounted across corners. For general ambience and echo reduction they can be placed flat on a wall. In practice, once you put an appropriate number of MiniTraps in the corners as shown on the Placing MiniTraps page of our site, that solves all the mid/high problems too. But if there are large areas of bare wall, then a few more may be needed on the walls too.

--Ethan

總之這種panel trap的設計是壓力型的bass trap, 跟一般的fiberglass 靠厚度與材質密度將聲能轉成熱能的作法是不同的.
他們吸音的表現自也不同. 這些在ethan winer's acoustics webpage 都有清楚的解釋. 請自行google.
不是甚麼"MAGIC things", 只是設計原理不同.
除了跨角落擺, 一般如數量夠, 也建議一個牆角沿著邊各擺一塊.(效果更佳)
重點還是量要夠多.
要注意的是離牆擺超過一小段距離,低頻吸收能力就開始減少.
如果有疑慮, 可親問ethan. 他在許多forums都很活躍的.
minime
Fun區 - 小混混
Fun區 - 小混混

文章: 48

註冊時間:
2009-11-04, 18:46

文章發表人 Raymond Wan 發表於 2010-01-12, 22:12

minime 寫:
Raymond Wan 寫: Again I have studied this information from RealTrap web site already.

The "double-density rigid fiberglass" that make up of the Mondo/Mini/Bare Traps are basically acoustic fibre of various density only. They are not MAGIC things that cannot place one another as you have pointed out. In fact, I have opened up one of the BareTraps and notice the fiberglass material inside.

Please be reminded that I am a Professional Chartered Materials Engineer and have full knowledge on common materials around us in particular the acoustic materials.

Please note Mondo Trap is of thickness 4.25 inches which is more powerful than Mini/Bare Trap of 3.25 inches from the low frequencies absorption point of view. Hence, RealTraps also produces difference thickness products to provide different absorption capability. Therefore, the thicker the trap, the more effective the trap is.

Again, I have tried 1 Mondo Trap, 2 Mondo Trap, 2 Mondo Trap + 2 Mini Traps, 2 Mondo Trap + 2 Mini Trap + 4 Bare Traps at the SAME corner. The results are similar.

If they can show slight improvement, I will have purchased and installed them at my home.

This is the reason I carry out various tests so as to find the possible enhancement. However, I cannot achieve the goal on low frequency absorption or enhancement. But I find the RealTraps can improve the RT60 slightly over DAAD2 so I purchase 4 nos. of Bare Traps for 1st reflection points.

Up to now, you have not pointed out the CLAIMED arrangement of several RealTraps products placing one behind another ?

引用來源

> What is the best way to install a minitrap, flat to the wall, or across the corner? <

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. For bass trapping, MiniTraps are always best mounted across corners. For general ambience and echo reduction they can be placed flat on a wall. In practice, once you put an appropriate number of MiniTraps in the corners as shown on the Placing MiniTraps page of our site, that solves all the mid/high problems too. But if there are large areas of bare wall, then a few more may be needed on the walls too.

--Ethan

重點還是量要夠多.

:a005: :a005: :hypno: :hypno:

I believe your argument may be misleading !!

What is "Pressure Type" --> 壓力型 :what: :what: :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2:

Please show the information of this "special" pressure type Bass Traps that you referred to us. :sorry: :sorry:

:confused: :confused: :a002: :a002:

All the bass traps are working as low frequencies energy absorption. The effectiveness is depending on the type of absorption materials and their ability to break down the energy which are related to their density and thickness.

Please refer to Ethan's information which you have quoted before:

http://www.realtraps.com/faq.htm

RealTraps 寫:MiniTraps and MondoTraps are made from double-density rigid fiberglass that is mechanically stable and won't sag, deform, crumble, or develop lumps over time as can lesser products made from foam or mineral fiber. We then bond a limp-mass membrane behind the fabric, which doubles the absorption at bass frequencies when compared to plain panels the same thickness. The fabric we use is custom made for us with a density and weight specific for acoustic panels.

RealTraps : Double Density = Double Absorption (at Same Thickness)

Density and Thickness

RealTraps 寫:Q: I measured my room response and there's a large peak around 40 Hz, as well as other peaks and nulls at higher bass frequencies. According to your product data page it seems even MondoTraps are not going to help me much at 40 Hz. What's the best way to improve the response at very low frequencies?

A: With enough traps it's possible to make a substantial improvement at 40 Hz and even lower. Although each trap may not absorb 100 percent at very low frequencies, combined they will still help a lot. Obviously the goal is a flat response and reduced ringing at all frequencies. But flatness is much more important above 80 Hz, which encompasses the fullness and "speaking" ranges for bass instruments.

From above, it is clear that RealTraps also recommends to use Combined Arrangements to Increase the Absorption Power.

:hello: :hello: :hello:

I have tried placing the Mondo Traps and Mini Traps in all three of the four corners in my small area (i.e. Front Left Corner, Front Right Corner and Rear Left Corner). One traps in each corners as well as all traps in one corner.

From my recorded data, no matter how many RealTraps I placed, the expected improvement did not show up.

I take over 200 readings from various arrangements and combinations of RealTraps and DAADs already.

My conclusion is, for my own little home, DAAD is working slightly better than RealTraps on low frequencies.

:confused: :confused: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Besides, according to RealTraps, you should leave at least 3"~4" gap to the wall so as to enable the RealTraps to work better and more efficient.

You are wrong again --> 要注意的是離牆擺超過一小段距離,低頻吸收能力就開始減少. :dont_agree: :dont_agree2: :dont_agree2:

:043: :043: :043:

Please see the video on installation of MiniTraps on Walls, a spacer is need for panels fixed onto the walls / doors.

http://www.realtraps.com/video_demo.htm

圖檔
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔
Raymond Wan
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

註冊時間:

文章發表人 minime 發表於 2010-01-12, 23:05

Raymond Wan 寫:
minime 寫:

引用來源

--Ethan

重點還是量要夠多.

Please show the information of this "special" pressure type Bass Traps that you referred to us. :sorry: :sorry:

All the bass traps are working as low frequencies energy absorption. The effectiveness is depending on the type of absorption materials and their ability to break down the energy which are related to their density and thickness.

RealTraps 寫:MiniTraps and MondoTraps are made from double-density rigid fiberglass that is mechanically stable and won't sag, deform, crumble, or develop lumps over time as can lesser products made from foam or mineral fiber. We then bond a limp-mass membrane behind the fabric, which doubles the absorption at bass frequencies when compared to plain panels the same thickness. The fabric we use is custom made for us with a density and weight specific for acoustic panels.

Density and Thickness

RealTraps 寫:Q: I measured my room response and there's a large peak around 40 Hz, as well as other peaks and nulls at higher bass frequencies. According to your product data page it seems even MondoTraps are not going to help me much at 40 Hz. What's the best way to improve the response at very low frequencies?

A: With enough traps it's possible to make a substantial improvement at 40 Hz and even lower. Although each trap may not absorb 100 percent at very low frequencies, combined they will still help a lot. Obviously the goal is a flat response and reduced ringing at all frequencies. But flatness is much more important above 80 Hz, which encompasses the fullness and "speaking" ranges for bass instruments.

From above, it is clear that RealTraps also recommends to use Combined Arrangements to Increase the Absorption Power.

I have tried placing the Mondo Traps and Mini Traps in all three of the four corners in my small area (i.e. Front Left Corner, Front Right Corner and Rear Left Corner). One traps in each corners as well as all traps in one corner.

From my recorded data, no matter how many RealTraps I placed, the expected improvement did not show up.

I take over 200 readings from various arrangements and combinations of RealTraps and DAADs already.

My conclusion is, for my own little home, DAAD is working slightly better than RealTraps on low frequencies.

Besides, according to RealTraps, you should leave at least 3"~4" gap to the wall so as to enable the RealTraps to work better and more efficient.

You are wrong again --> 要注意的是離牆擺超過一小段距離,低頻吸收能力就開始減少. :dont_agree: :dont_agree2: :dont_agree2:

Please see the video on installation of MiniTraps on Walls, a spacer is need for panels fixed onto the walls / doors.

I sensed some tension from you again. :043:
Such verbal confrontation is not approprite since you apparently havn't got the whole picture.

I'm done doing homework for you.

Please read ethan's acoustics page.
Truth lies within.

ciao.

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html
minime
Fun區 - 小混混
Fun區 - 小混混

註冊時間:

文章發表人 Raymond Wan 發表於 2010-01-13, 08:38

minime 寫:

I sensed some tension from you again. :043:
Such verbal confrontation is not approprite since you apparently havn't got the whole picture.

I'm done doing homework for you.

Please read ethan's acoustics page.
Truth lies within.

ciao.

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

:a005: :a005: :a005:

Hi minime hing

I do not have any tension at all but your information is just incorrect, please do not divert the subject.

I believe you are new to this AV100Fun forum and may not know my usual approach on handling AV queries.

Fun區 - 小混混 --> Posts 35 --> Join on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:46 pm

I welcome all types of discussion and information sharing on any AV related subjects from any person.

Please refer to my Signature Below --> Have 100% Fun on HiFi & AV Equipment and Subjects.

Having said that, if you are telling the message "unclear" or "wrong" or "misleading", then I am sorry that I need to voice out to show my concerns and hopefully to make the argument clear to everyone including myself. Truth to be dig out from healthy debate.

I will accept any challenge if some information or proof to show my past knowledge is wrong as well as those argument may be right but only on certain circumstances or from different angles.

You are always quoting those "old" information that I have already read in the past. Therefore, you have not done any "homework" for me so far. Anyway, thanks for bringing it up and it may be useful to "other" brothers who may want to learn more on acoustic subjects.

In particular, you claimed the "combined" placement of RealTraps is incorrect and not efficient. Besides, the RealTraps design is not based on fibreglass density and thickness. I can proved in testings and have quoted information to you that your claims are in-valid as well as misleading but in strict term you are WRONG.

Please note I am not an expert in Sound Acoustic but I am a hard working AV Fans who have studied many related literatures and carried out various trials at my home and other friends theatre. Therefore, I do have plenty of knowledge on this regard. Surely, there are still information and knowledge that are still new or unknown to me. This type of knowledge are more than welcome.

I have addressed to most of your questions point-by-point logically so far for discussion purposes.

But,up to now, you have not answered my basic question:

What is the "Pressure Type Bass Trap" you refer to?

:question2: :question2: :a013: :a013:
圖檔
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔
Raymond Wan
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

註冊時間:

文章發表人 minime 發表於 2010-01-13, 09:50

minime 寫:
Raymond Wan 寫:
minime 寫:

引用來源

--Ethan

重點還是量要夠多.

Density and Thickness

1. 您要知道的資料在上面給過的link裡都有啦.自己查好嗎?

2. 要知道您的realtraps 擺法是否"適當"或我的觀念是否"misleading"有一個最簡單的方式.

Just Ask Ethan. Simple and straight.

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthread ... tics_Forum

如果您願意, 可否將您前後堆疊的擺法照片借用貼到該討論區?
主題讓您開也可, 我開也罷. 讓專家來針對您的環境解釋如何?
這樣大家較能心服口服,也省掉繞圈子的力氣如何?
等您囉.
minime
Fun區 - 小混混
Fun區 - 小混混

註冊時間:

文章發表人 Raymond Wan 發表於 2010-01-13, 10:00

minime 寫:

這樣大家較能心服口服,也省掉繞圈子的力氣如何?
等您囉.

I am really sorry that I cannot find the "Pressure Type Bass Traps" in the above link.

Please point it out directly so that all other brothers get the information if you REALLY WANT TO SHARE.

Do not ask other to find the so-called "information".

I have listed and quoted for you all the relevant information for argument purposes in the past replies.

As I have expressed before, I have already performed and reported whatever ways that I think appropriate.

If you are interested, you are welcome to dig them out and tabulate them in meaningful ways that you may wish.

I do not want to waste my time anymore.

I am not going to do this repeated and un-necessary task to entertain you only.

As I have pointed out, I just do the tests by my own and send the results to share with others.

It is not my intention to persuade others to believe me but just throw the information for others to considered.

:049: :049: :004: :004:

Do Not Hide Away from What You Have Bring Up !!

圖檔
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔
Raymond Wan
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

註冊時間:

文章發表人 minime 發表於 2010-01-13, 10:03

Raymond Wan 寫:
minime 寫:

這樣大家較能心服口服,也省掉繞圈子的力氣如何?
等您囉.

I am really sorry that I cannot find the "Pressure Type Bass Traps" in the above link.

Please point it out directly so that all other brothers get the information if you REALLY WANT TO SHARE.

I have listed and quoted for you all the relevant information for argument purposes in the past replies.

As I have expressed before, I have already performed and reported whatever ways that I think appropriate.

If you are interested, you are welcome to dig them out and tabulate them in meaningful ways that you may wish.

As I have pointed out, I just do the tests by my own and send the results to share with others.

It is not my intention to persuade others to believe me but just throw the information for others to considered.

願意借小弟您的照片嗎?
幫您貼上如何?

You don't even have to join the discussion if that's what you choose.
minime
Fun區 - 小混混
Fun區 - 小混混

註冊時間:

文章發表人 minime 發表於 2010-01-13, 10:04

minime 寫:
Raymond Wan 寫:
minime 寫:

這樣大家較能心服口服,也省掉繞圈子的力氣如何?
等您囉.

願意借小弟您的照片嗎?
幫您貼上如何?

網友們同意小弟這樣做的話, please speak up [:)]
minime
Fun區 - 小混混
Fun區 - 小混混

註冊時間:

文章發表人 luckybeanbean 發表於 2010-01-13, 10:43

I think minime is correct about the design of the trap. the thin type of bass trap is pressure type, using the sound pressure to push the front panel (or membrane) casuing vibration and this vibration on the air tight box will move the air inside the box. This air movement cause heat inside the box and taken away by the heat absorbing material (fiberglass of various density). So, the sound absorption is using a energy transformation method from sound pressure to heat disspation.

Am I right? :ebsmile:
and most of my bare wall of my home is using this vibration box for bass trap.
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔

正Food Guidehttps://www.facebook.com/JingFoodGuide#
--------------------------------------------------------
luckybeanbean
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 49378
來自: 福京, 正福街

註冊時間:
2005-02-01, 12:19

文章發表人 Eddie Ngan 發表於 2010-01-13, 11:01

luckybeanbean 寫: I think minime is correct about the design of the trap. the thin type of bass trap is pressure type, using the sound pressure to push the front panel (or membrane) casuing vibration and this vibration on the air tight box will move the air inside the box. This air movement cause heat inside the box and taken away by the heat absorbing material (fiberglass of various density). So, the sound absorption is using a energy transformation method from sound pressure to heat disspation.

Something like our old toy?
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26716&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bass+trap&start=30
Eddie Ngan
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
  頭像

文章: 5997

註冊時間:
2004-11-23, 00:14

文章發表人 luckybeanbean 發表於 2010-01-13, 11:25

Eddie Ngan 寫:
luckybeanbean 寫: I think minime is correct about the design of the trap. the thin type of bass trap is pressure type, using the sound pressure to push the front panel (or membrane) casuing vibration and this vibration on the air tight box will move the air inside the box. This air movement cause heat inside the box and taken away by the heat absorbing material (fiberglass of various density). So, the sound absorption is using a energy transformation method from sound pressure to heat disspation.

Something like our old toy?
http://av100fun.com/viewtopic.php?f=21& ... p&start=30

yes :modlaugh:
modified version now :modlaugh:

圖檔
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔

正Food Guidehttps://www.facebook.com/JingFoodGuide#
--------------------------------------------------------
luckybeanbean
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 49378
來自: 福京, 正福街

註冊時間:
2005-02-01, 12:19

文章發表人 Raymond Wan 發表於 2010-01-13, 12:34

minime 寫:
Raymond Wan 寫:
minime 寫:

這樣大家較能心服口服,也省掉繞圈子的力氣如何?
等您囉.

願意借小弟您的照片嗎?
幫您貼上如何?

Please feel free to take any photos or data that I have posted here.

I do not mind you sending to other Forum and asking for information.

If you can find any useful information, please do share with us.

圖檔
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔
Raymond Wan
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

註冊時間:

文章發表人 Raymond Wan 發表於 2010-01-13, 12:46

Do you know the structure and materials made-up of Thin Panel Type RealTraps ?? :question2: :question2: :a013: :a013: :confused2: :confused2: :dont_un: :dont_un:

It is just a panel with Tailor-Made High Density Fibre of 3.25" (MiniTraps) or 4.25" (MondoTraps) thick

:eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:
圖檔
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔
Raymond Wan
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像